Fanaticus Forum  

Go Back   Fanaticus Forum > How To > Campaigns

Old 05-19-2016, 04:16 AM
Praetor

Default More Action

I have updated the entry for 1248BC above with the results after last weeks session. We had several new players who did sterling work filling in for missing players.

I am hoping that at least two of them will join in for real next session adding Ugarit and Assyrian to the mix.

Cheers
Old 07-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Praetor

Default 1247BC Action

We had a great campaign session on Sunday with 9 of the 10 players in attendance.

Spring

The Kingdom of Ugarit coalesces and joins the campaign.

Hatti opens hostilities by attacking Trojan held Tarsus. The Trojans leave the city to fend for itself and a siege ensues.

Canaan invades Amalek with their Hebrew vassal in support. Battle of Tamar is an overwhelming victory for the Amalekites. The Hebrew contingent does not arrive in time citing difficulties with wandering through deserts to get anywhere. This second loss for the Canaanites breaks the overlord/vassal relationship.

Summer

The islands attack a weakened Canaan. Acco is besieged while the Canaanite army remains in Kenath.

Achia launches an invasion of Troy but suffers from unseasonal storm in the Inonian sea losing half their army. The invasion stalls at Icolos.

Troy retaliates with an attack on Sparta. The city refuses to surrender and so is blockaded.

Hittite siege of Tarsus continues but fails to make any headway. The garrison continues to mock the Hittite army as being operationally unready.

Ugarit invades Hatti. The city of Carchemish is besieged.

Autumn

Libya invades Amalek territory with an attack on Sile. The Amalekites march to the city's defence with an Egyptian contingent in tow. Battle of Sile is a bloody and costly victory for the Amalekites. They were wrenched from the brink of defeat by the timely arrival of the Egyptian Chariots.

Acco falls to the Sea Peoples.

Sparta surrenders to the Trojans

Hittite siege of Tarsus continues with no success and the invaders are forced to retire.

Ugarit captures Carchemish.

Israel attacks the mauled Amalekites. Canaan provides support to their former vassal whilst Egypt once again falls in with Amalek. Battle of Beersheba sees the Amalekites crushed by Israel thanks to the timely intervention of the Canaanite chariot force. The Canaanite general is heard to mention that this is an example of what can be accomplished when allies arrive on time.

At the end of 1247 the prestige table is:
Troy - 21.5
Canaan - 19.6
The Islands - 17.5
Egypt - 15.1
Amalek - 11.4
Achaia - 10.8
Libya - 9.2
Hatti - 7.0
Israel - 5.9
Ugarit - 4.0

At the end of 1247BC the territory map looks like:

Last edited by Macbeth; 07-10-2016 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Map and battle pic
Old 08-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Praetor

Default 1246 Action

A great session for August with enough players to form a quorum, we were able to sail through 2 years.

Spring

Canaan moves to recover its territory from The Islands. Acco is approached and surrenders after a brief demonstration at the walls by the Canaanites.

The Islands turn their attention to Egypt, and are backed by the Libyans. Egypt fights for its survival backed by Amalek. Battle of Thebes is a bloody affair with the Sea People narrowly winning thus making Egypt a Sea Peoples vassal.

Achaia moves to recover Sparta from the Trojans in what looks to be cosy deal. Even so the city refuses to open its gates and the Achaians are force to besiege it.

Summer

Canaan sails from Acco to Sile, invading Amalekite held territory. The Amalekites leave the city to it own devices and it holds out against the Canaanite siege.

Israel then falls upon the Amalekite capital. The city holds out against all Hebrew assaults.

The Achaians finally breach the walls of Sparta and return the city to their possession.

Troy continues the dissection of Hatti. The Trojans swoop down upon Kenash and take the city by surpise.

Autumn

Canaan continues to besiege Sile but makes no headway.

Israel likewise fails at Kir Haraseth.

At the end of 1246 the prestige table is:
Troy - 27.5
Canaan - 22.6
The Islands - 21.2
Egypt - 15.1
Achaia - 12.8
Libya - 12.2
Amalek - 11.5
Hatti - 9.0
Ugarit - 9.0
Israel - 5.9

At the end of 1246BC the territory map looks like:

Last edited by Macbeth; 08-21-2016 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Map and Battle Pics
Old 08-21-2016, 11:43 PM
Praetor

Default 1245 Action

And so the next year rolls on.

Spring
Canaan continues its offensive against Amalek with an attack on Tamar. Once again the Amalekites trust in their city defences and refuse battle. The city holds out.

Israel assists their former overlord and assaults Sile. Despite losing nearly half their army to thirst in the desert they take the city. Amalek is now isolated in Kir Haraseth.

Summer

Achaia swoops down on Libya in an unprovoked attack on this peaceful nation. They are assisted by the Trojans who send a contingent that is wiped out by storms en-route. Libya gives battle aided by The Islands and Egypt. The battle of Farafra sees the lightly armed Libyans put up a stalwart defence but are outclassed by the heavily armed and armoured Greeks. There is a brief hope when the Sea Peoples arrive to the invader's rear but again the Achaians prove too strong. Farafra is captured and the battered Libyans are forced to retire. partisan reporting - I don't know what you mean

Tamar continues to hold off the Canaanites.

Autumm

Achaia marches on the Libyan capital but fails to take the city. They retire before the jeers of the Libyan defenders.

The Canaanites finally take Tamar, further isolating the Amalekites.

At the end of 1245 the prestige table looks like this:
Troy - 30.5
Canaan - 26.6
The Islands - 26.2
Achaia - 23.0
Egypt - 18.1
Ugarit - 14.0
Amalek - 12.5
Libya - 12.2
Hatti - 11.0
Israel - 6.9

The territory map looks like this